As I sit here thinking about the previous years, the only thing that goes through my mind is, “Dang…Won’t he do it?!” Let’s go way back and see how much I changed.
- 2010– Started fresh at Triton college after taking a year off from school, had a job at a hospital, was thinking of starting a blog, deleted my YouTube channel, and I really did not know how to manage my anxiety.
- 2011– Met my husband by the end of the year (we went to the same college), I was getting ready to graduate, I entered the worship team at my church, and got out from a really toxic relationship.
- 2012– Traveled to Colombia, Panama, Guatemala, Florida, and I forgot where else lol! I started taking classes that would help me out in my career, and I spent as much time as I could just figuring out my life.
- 2013– I took some classes at DePaul University, my husband became my tutor, I lost control of my eating, gained weight, and was getting stressed a lot during school.
- 2014– I transferred out of Depaul, went back to triton, my husband became my boyfriend, and from that point on my whole life changed. I was able to reconnect with my creative self and started writing songs all over again.
- 2015– Met a few people that I am so glad they are out of my life, started to control my anxiety a little more, got done with triton, and ended up going to Dominican university.
- 2016– This year was the one that was very difficult for me. Started this blog, reopened my YouTube channel, had my braces all over again, made a channel with my other half, traveled a little more, and what broke my heart was that I lost my abuela. She was the rock of our family, and I can still remember everything that went through my mind when I got the news.
- 2017– A few friends that I love died this year, it was a very hard stage because I was really negative, had depression that no one knew, but throughout everything I know God was just making me stronger for what was to come. I was embracing my ministry at church a little more than before, and I started to fall in love with the Lord all over again.
- 2018– I went to a retreat that changed my life (shout out to my youth pastor), started getting more into the word of God, prayed for the Lord to remove fake friends (which this year he did!), my confidence sky rocketed, made new friends, got closer with my sibling, started writing content for my channel, wrote more on my blog, took “me time” very seriously, my significant other and I conquered so many things, and last but not least God put all the pieces together in time.
- 2019– Got engaged in February, traveled with my sister and mom, wedding preparations were on point, got a new job, went back to the gym, changed the color of my hair, crossed the stage, got married in November, redo my blog site, moved to a new home, detoxed from social media, bought the stuff that I always wanted, learned to save more, turned 29 (last year in my 20s!), reconnected with an old friend of mine from church, and by the end of the year God showed me his love like you have no clue.
So the question is…What lies ahead of 2020? All I know is that something great is going to happen this year, and I am letting the Lord take control of everything. It is sad to hear on the news of what is going on throughout the world, but I know that if God is on my side my faith shall not be shaken. I have so much to put out on my social media, and I cannot wait till you guys see what I have in store. Love you all and I hope this year is the best year for all of us!
~A decade in pictures 2010-2019~