I have had a couple of people asking me the same question: How in the world do you still believe in God when things seem to go bad? The answer is simple my friends and that is to have faith beyond it all! If you are barely getting to know God, and have no idea on where to start then I am about to help you get started on this wonderful journey. A lot of people who are new get scared to even ask members from the church because they get so obsessed, try to chug you down the bible, and don’t understand that you are barley starting making you not to even go back to church.
What to do
1. God is your best friend– You need to talk to God as if he was one of your friends, and remember that before you even say anything God already knows!
2. Pray– Prayer works in mysterious ways but I would say just be yourself, and let it flow naturally. You can start by saying, “Hey Lord its me…ya boy..” lol! I know it sounds silly but trust me you will feel comfortable because at the end of the day it is between you and God!
3. Bible– When you read the bible do you get tired of seeing so many words? Try to be the person that the bible is talking about, and act it out. Sometimes you even need to have a visual set for you to understand what the bible is trying to say to you.
4. Music– I talk about this ALL the time! Get your playlist into worship and praise! I do not mean the old songs I mean the good ones! Jonathan McReynolds, Yolanda Adams, Tori Kelly, Kirk Franklin, and much more! Once you bounce into one of the songs your day, mood, and faith is already set!
5. Write out– Have you ever just want to sit down, and write out to God? Make him be your pen-pal, and write your heart away. I am a singer and songwriter so I usually write to the Lord in a form of a song it helps me so much. You can write to God what your goals are, and pray over it so they can be accomplished and remember that God always knows best! So if one thing does not happen chances are God has something better for you!
6. Friends– Get friends that are filled with the spirit of Jesus Christ! I have a few friends that I love so much that have this every second of everyday. They are fun, outgoing, and most of all love God with all they got. They do not chug down the bible, and we see every concept differently, which when we share them with one another, we get to have an open mind. GET GOOD BUDDIES!!!
7. Ignore certain people– By this I mean church people or even your friends that do not know the Lord, and might even make fun of you because you are walking with Jesus. God knows you better than ANYBODY and trust me other opinions from different people will become irrelevant once you figure this out. Church people can be too judgmental so watch out for that, and focus on you! Friends that are not in the spirit might want to make you do bad things that do not please God so try to stay away from them if they do not understand or you, or even support you!
8. Listen– When you go to church listen carefully on what the pastor is trying to say. There are always hidden messages that actually will be directed to you, but understand that the pastor does not even know your problem. Every time when someone is about to preach they pray for God to speak through them, and that way whatever God would want to say the message gets out for certain people that need to hear a specific statement.
9. Seek– You need to keep seeking the Lord every single day because the more you do the more your understanding will be. You will be able to give better advice to people that really need to hear you, and sometimes you would even surprise yourself because you had no idea what you just said! However, trust me the person you speak to will understand completely, and you might even change their life.
10. Learn– You need to learn that having a strong faith takes time, patience, practice, but also it is a test. God is sometimes very quiet during difficult times and it is then when your faith needs to be stronger than ever. Remember that when you have faith the outcome is better than expected, and if it doesn’t then you will see something fruitful at the end of a difficult journey. Go and read the book Job so you can see what happened in his life!
One More Thing
A religion with God is a relationship between you, and Him!!! I identify myself as a Christian, but if you want me to be completely honest my religion is the love I have for the Lord and everything is between Him and I! I have had so many ups and downs but one thing that I was working on was my relationship with Him! It is like having a relationship with your significant other see what I mean?
I do not let anyone get in between my relationship with the Lord, and I always work on it! It takes work, patience, discipline, and so much love! If I can do this trust me when I say so can you! I am working on my e-book which is coming out this year so keep an eye out, and it is about faith so I am hoping it will be a blessing to your life. Send me a message if you have a question I will be happy to respond, and I hope you are having an amazing day or night depending on where you are in this world.
Love ya’ll. God bless. Peace.