So you want to start a blog but you have no idea on how to do it. Am I right? Here I am going to share a few things that I did wrong, and how I was able to improve them especially how I even started blogging! I had started blogging a few years ago, but I was so bummed out because I saw that I was getting no where, and also got discouraged very quick.
Things I did Wrong
1. Gave up.
2. Tried to search for ideas that others have done.
3. Hearing negative people saying that blogging would not work.
4. Deleted my blog so many times, and created a new one.
5. Wanted results and I wanted them fast.
6. Not improving my design.
7. Not communicating with people in the blogging community.
8. Not putting myself more out there.
9. Not catching up with my plans.
10. Not being consistent!
11. Hiding from social media.
Here is the thing, by doing all of this I never got from point A to B! Also, I did other things like changing my name a bunch of times, not finding my correct “niche”, and I even got scared of putting myself out there because I thought people would not like my content. I stopped blogging for almost an year, and I started to do research while I was still in school in learning more about the blogging community. When it comes to blogging, it takes time, patience, and even putting all your love into it.
Things I learned
1. Never be afraid what people will think about your content.
2. Be yourself with each article you write.
3. Consistency is key.
4. Make sure readers know when you post.
5. Find your own format.
6. Be original.
7. Talk about the things you love.
8. Communicate more with your audience.
9. Make an aesthetic eye pleasing blog.
10. So your own research if you will talk about politics, medicine, and etc.
11. Putting myself out more in all my social media platforms.
Another thing I used to do, which I changed very quickly, was changing my name for every single social media platform. I had to find one that would connect everything under one name, and had meaning behind it all! Besides that, I had to change my mindset to stop thinking on what the people may think once they read my article because chances are they would really want to see it! Plus I never stayed consistent and never promoted the heck out of my articles like I do now.
What I do now
1. Consistent – I make sure to post exactly like how I have in my planner. I will do another post later on in which I will show you how I plan my posts.
2. Time– I pick a certain time when I want to upload my posts, and I stick to it to so that my readers know when to check back.
3. Original– I am original with what I write on my blog, and I pray that whatever I write will touch someones life.
4. Niche– I honestly do not have one because I like to write of whatever I want! Beauty, fashion, workout, diys, music, and the list goes on! Just write whatever you want cause it is YOUR blog!
5. Design– I make sure I stay up to date to design my blog so it can be eye-catching to the people that click on my blog. It has to look nice, good color background, and I take my time into creating the perfect blog site.
6. Brand Name– I had to make up a brand name for my blog, and especially for all my social media. This is because it would be easier for people to find me under the same name. If you want to see how I got my name click here: www.mishipcm.com/about-me/
7. Plan– I usually plan out my days but what I love is that whenever I have an idea (doesn’t matter the day) I get on my computer, and decide when I want it to be uploaded. I would usually pre-upload my blog so it can upload itself on a given day that I want.
8. Promote on Social Media– Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Google+, Youtube, and on Instagram! Promote your blog and share it so people can check it out! Do not be afraid because there are some out there that, not only will see it, but it will speak to them. By the way you can find me on all my social media as Mishipcm!!
9. Communication– I communicate with different bloggers, comment, and I even like their posts. I take my time into reading other people’s posts and give my input. Not only will they notice you, but you even gain some amazing friends in the community.
10. Update– You already have a blog post, but that same idea that you have there has been already updated? SHARE IT! Re-write an old post, tell the readers how you updated that idea, and put a link to the old one so that they can compare and contrast.
11. Never Give Up– Blogging takes a lot of time, and so much love into it. It is like starting a job, but you have nothing to go for it yet! However, as time passes by you see that it gradually grows. Keep on working towards your goal for your own blog!
Another helpful tip is to always write tags which will make other people around the world look up your blog. Also, start with a free blog so you can start working to gain audience, and make sure that you stay on top of your game. The more you do all of these things I have told you the better your blogging experience will be. I will later write out a better guide for you, and also a checklist as well as some topics that can benefit your blog. If you have any questions please let me know so I can better help you out! Blogging community is a family so if you are just starting then WELCOME!!!! Never lose faith in your content because all of us who are already in it struggled once, but this is why we are here to guide you. I hope you have an amazing day or night depending on where you are at.
God bless. Love ya’ll. Peace.