So before I go on with my post, I know that I haven’t updated on my social media my other blogs so before you read this one go ahead and read the ones I wrote during last week lol!
Whistle while you wait talks about waiting for the right person to walk into your life, 5 favorite shows is about the top 5 I am watching currently on Netflix, and The Lion King…ya’ll have to click on that to see what I think! Okay now on to the post.
Today God spoke to me in a way I never thought he would, and honestly it is just one of those “aha” moments. I was going through Facebook, cause memes are life lol, and I was thinking about my week. I stumbled upon this picture:
Here is the thing though, the devil tries to test your faith when its going to be YOUR week…does that make sense? Yesterday I got the news that my grandma from Guatemala is very ill, and if the doctor does not figure out what she has on time she might not make it. I have learned a few things by having a relationship with God, and that is the following:
Hear His voice.
Trust in Him.
I think we can all agree that this is hard to do at times, and especially during the holidays when you want everything to be perfect. This time of year is the one I hardly like because on 2016, my other grandma who I was super close with, actually died literally during these days. Christmas was hell for me because my dad had to leave to Colombia, and I missed my father and abuela so much. Other things happened during 2017 that is just too much to handle, but I am thankful that God had me sane.
2018 was going amazing until yesterday that I got the call from my cousin telling me about grandma. Instead of freaking out yesterday, I decided to contact all my friends (my true prayer warriors), and let them know to start praying. Prayer can heal people but this time was different. Now why was it different you might ask huh? Here is the thing, I can pray for grandma to be better, but at the end of the day only God knows our last day on this earth. So instead of praying for healing I started praying for peace for all of my family.
I am also praying for strength because from all of my family I am the one that takes it all in, and by that I mean I take all the sadness in and cry alone in my room at night. My true friends understand that about me, and I love how they give me my space so I can vent alone. Now on to the topic, how in the world can you have faith under every single problem that might go on in your life? Here are some advice’s that I will be sharing with you, and if this spoke to you (or even help you) let me know so I can pray for you!
- Music! Listen to gospel music, and not that trash that comes on the radio! The more you listen to music that does not involve the word of the Lord then the more you will be very negative. Make sure the music is uplifting that will make your spirit happy.
- Go the bible, flip the pages, and the first verse you see that is the one that will speak to you. I usually skim through the pages while having my eyes closed, and I pick the first verse that my eyes land on. I read it, apply it to my day, and it is so amazing on how God just gives you the right verse because it shows you what you are doing wrong and correct your path.
- Take time alone and talk to God…..ALONE! Notice how I emphasize the word “alone” because it is important to be by yourself for a moment. Usually being surrounded by people can make you overthink, or even blind by what God is trying to tell you. Talk to God alone in your room, focus on what he has to say, and be patient.
- Give thanks about the things that you already have, and understand that “things” as well as people do not last forever. Okay, I am being to brutally honest with you but honestly it is the truth. I have been through a lot to not let anything bring me down. Understand that everything and everyone has a time, we cannot change that, but we can change to appreciate the moment that we live in.
- Cry if you need to cry and let it all out! Who cares if people tell you to be “okay” they do not understand what you are going through. By crying you will get back up, and be stronger!
- Journal it! Sometimes writing down everything that goes on actually helps you think. The beauty behind this is that you can always go back, and see that you overcame every single issue that you might have had during that time.
..:::Remember this simple thing:::..
Tomorrow is a new day, everything will be okay, try to sleep, just have faith, but don’t worry because no matter what God will make a way.
Here is my verse that I heard today from God, and I want to share it with all of you.
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6
As you can see, the steps to having faith look easy, are difficult to do, but if you put in a little bit of effort you will see how strong you will be at the end of the day. I highly suggest for you to start out with music! If you do not have a playlist yet, you can go to my Spotify and I have a playlist which helps me so much. I do not know who needed to see this today, but know that if you are going through something (like I am currently) you are not alone. God is always there to guide you and he will have you right where you need to be. It might be hard, but guess what? Everything at the end will not go in vain because with a little bit of prayer, and a little bit of faith God will reward you with what you deserve. I pray for peace and healing over your life and may your problem get resolved in the name of Jesus. This is all I have for today, and if this spoke to you I am glad it did. I hope you have a peaceful day or night depending on where you are at, and may God be with you in your journey.
Love ya’ll. God bless. Peace.